Sunday, May 11, 2014

One Year Later

One year ago today my life changed forever. One year ago today I said I DO and committed to spend the rest of my life to the tall, dark, and handsome man of my years and years of prayer, standing before me at the altar. As I stood there repeating those life-changing vows, there was so much else before me that I didn't yet know. 

I didn't know what a genuine gift marriage truly is. I didn't know that closing on our new home 2 days before our wedding would equal a sudden reality check coming back from our honeymoon into a very disarrayed home. I didn't know we would become parents to a precious little girl 6 months later. I didn't know we would have to plan a memorial service only shortly after planning our own wedding. 


I didn't know that all my husband's time away from home would only make our time together that much sweeter and intentional. I didn't know that the struggles and heartache we would face so early on would at the same time build our marriage unbelievably stronger in a very short time. 


I didn't know quite to the extent that life with my husband would promise never a single dull or boring moment. I didn't know the sacrifices I would watch my husband make for the sake of me and for our family. I didn't know the overwhelming strength and grace the Lord would pour out to carry me every single day I couldn't get through on my own. I didn't know how grateful I would be over and again for the decision we made to live where we do. I didn't know that I could love my husband as deeply as I do now. 


But I DID know that no matter what, my Savior would never abandon me. I did know that no matter how many times I needed to cry, my husband was there for me with open arms and loving compassion. I did know that when it seemed no one else could fully understand what I was walking through, that my husband would most closely. And I did know that God gave me exactly whom I needed as my husband, life partner, and very best friend.



1 comment:

  1. Awww... so sweet! You and Chad are such a fantastic couple :)

    ReplyDelete